Wednesday, February 25, 2009

He was only your fool for a while


I'm writing to you from L-town, again. Recently, there had been some changes to my living arrangments, as per my own decisions.

I had decided that living in Lawrence was going to be too much of a burden. I would have to get a job and help pay rent, and go to school at the same time, even though the agreement was that I wouldn't have to get a job my first year.

I withdrew from the University and by the end of the week, I was out. I went first, to Tal-town. I would have been living with my father, so the first priority on my list would have been to get a job to save up enough money to pay rent somewhere and get my own place. I was then going to (after getting my own place) get enrolled in online school and get a business degree.

But my father wanted me to live by rules that I felt I had outgrown, not to mention, an unspoken rule that would put me back in the closet. He wanted me to have a curfew and tell him where I was going, and go to church and no smoking, and all of that. I just figured, I'm 18 years old, about to be 19. The whole reason for moving out in the first place was to gain my independence.

So I tried it up in Minnesota with my mother. I love my mother to death, and I love that she was willing to help me out. I wouldn't have had to pay rent, and I could start school whenever I wanted. My mother lives in a hotel right now, because that's the accomodations her job is providing her. I just didn't feel like I was fully settled in...like a hotel could be my home for a year. Most importantly, I was away from everyone I loved and everything I knew.

After spending a week there, I decided to come full circle, and live back in Lawrence. The place where my independence was in the exact place I needed it to be. I tried to get back into the University, but they said re-enrollment for this semester wouldn't be possible. However, I think my dad and I will work something out for the summer courses, and then I can resume a regular schedule in the fall.

I am getting a job, for those of you who are wondering. Without school, my only other option is to go to work. Honestly, I don't mind it. As long as I wouldn't have to do both at the same time until summer came around. Really it's better this way so that I can focus on getting a job, instead of having to wait until my day of classes was over.

I'm in a much healthier place with all of this at the moment. I've decided to just live my life, and be young and enjoy myself.

Life will not get the best of me.

That's all.

Signed,

A Fabulous Gay Man,

Queen Trixie J.D. the First


No comments: