Saturday, June 7, 2008

I wasn't born a workin man, but I'll do my best



Hello everyone! So I'm uber excited, because I start work tomorrow...ok so I'm not like sooo excited that I'm about to piss my pants but you get the general idea. I'm going to finally have a steady income again and I can do my best to stay on top of my finances.

Anyway it'll just make me feel proud to start paying for my own things again. So I'm going to be starting out at *(blank) an hour at the Gap and the hours are going to be minimal the first week or two. I think that's because we're going to be training all that week, although we're supposed to be trained for like two months...which might spell trouble for me because I don't know if I can handle all that training lol.

I went to the Gap for my orientation night this past thursday and there were all kinds of crazy things going on with the weather that night, so we were sitting there with our employee packets in front of us and the GM gets a call and says that everyone from the neighboring stores are coming down to our basement because of the Tornado sirens. Scary huh? So we lost about a good 45 minutes in there, but we still got out on time because the GM didn't make us watch one of the three videos we were supposed to. Mainly because they are showing it again tomorrow at a Loss Prevention seminar that we're holding where everyone in the "Gap Family" will be coming to meet.

So I'm really in a big time job now, or at least bigger than the Warren I guess. It's really weird to be thinking that I'm going to be working at this job. AH. It's scary being a grown up!

I've been hanging out with Kendra a lot lately and that's not a bad thing. The thing you have to understand about Kendra is that she's amazing and she knows that and she wants you to hear her ideas which isn't a bad thing, it's just sometimes your ideas get lost in translation. We went to the pool today and took a bunch of pictures like the fabulous Divas we are and I had a great time. I counted it as my workout though so that's going to count against me, not to mention that I had a shared a pitcher of coke with Emily at Village Inn tonight at 10:30.

By the way, I'm totally supposed to be in bed right now. You know the whole 'grown-up routine' that I have to get into. Yeah totally not keeping up on that right now. I'm sure it will get easier once I start getting into the swing of my job but right now, no.

Recently I've been thinking about my choice to major in Advertising. I would love to do it because you get to travel and because you get great pay, but I also love writing and I can't ignore that. I think maybe I might be happier if I stick to my original plan. Less wealthy but happier.

Monica and I have been hanging out a lot lately too. Not a bad thing, but she's a little self-centered sometimes. I tried to cuddle with her when we were watching a movie and she totally flipped out and was like "I dont like cuddling." So yeah. Speaking of which, I got my new straightener when I was with her, and WOW let me tell you, does that thing straighten. It was like a whole different level of straight for my hair. I'm kind of obsessed with it now.

I did exercise the other day. I did 4 sets of 8 reps going up and down the stairs in my house and in between each set I did jumping jacks and four laps around the pool table. Let me tell you what it kicked my butt. When I got though, the feeling of accomplishment and happiness that I was working towards a better me, was awesome. It just gives me encouragement.

In sixty days I should be thinner, healthier and a little bit more financially secure. And you know, as much as the work is going to be hard, I'm going to be that much happier and proud when I am finished.

My roomate for KU is straight btw. And he has a girlfriend. He's catholic and she's christian, if you can imagine that. Although he might be reassigned due to some registration issues or something, I'm not really sure. I just hope I found out who IS going to be my roommate soon so that we can get to know each other and start to plan on who's bringing what to the dorm.

Well that's pretty much all that's going on in my life right now and it's a lot compared to what was going on before. Be prepared ladies and gentlemen, because this? Is not the end.

That's all.

Signed,

A Fabulous Gay Man,

Queen Trixie J.D. the First.

(* p.s. I'm not supposed to put my pay scale in public knowledge, or I might get fired)

No comments: